Though all DUIs are extremely serious, a High BAC DUI is even worse. To be charged with a High BAC DUI, you must have had a BAC of .10% or higher. Please read on and reach out to our experienced DUI defense attorney to learn more about how our firm can help:
What are the consequences of a High BAC DUI in New Jersey?
If you are facing a High BAC DUI charge in New Jersey, you risk serious consequences that may impact you for the rest of your life. They are as follows:
- Up to 30 days of incarceration
- A license suspension of up to 12 months
- $100 to the Drunk Driving Fund
- $75 to the Neighborhood Services Fund
- Up to 48 hours in the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center
- The mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device during the license suspension and up to 12 months after its restoration
- A fine between $300 and $500
- $100 to the Alcohol Education and Rehabilitation Fund
Are there any defenses against a DUI?
Fortunately, with the right attorney by your side, you may have your charges mitigated, or, in some cases, completely dropped for any of the following reasons, to name a few:
- An unlawful stop: When you are stopped by an officer, he or she must have probable cause, meaning a valid reason to stop you. If the officer did not, it may be considered an unlawful stop, thereby rendering their evidence against you useless.
- Field sobriety tests: Police officers will very often conduct field sobriety tests to determine if an individual is under the influence before administering a breath test. However, when an officer improperly administers a field sobriety test, you may have a valid defense against your DUI charge.
- A breath test: Generally, the rule states that officers cannot immediately administer breath tests. Therefore, officers are required to conduct an assessment of the driver’s condition for at least 20 minutes before administering the test. If they do not, you may have a valid defense against your charge.
If you have been charged with a DUI in the state of New Jersey, you cannot afford to wait any longer. Do yourself a favor and speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney who is ready to fight for your rights. We understand that people make mistakes, which is why we believe they should not face a lifelong hardship because of them. We have helped countless individuals fight their DUI charges, and we are ready to do the same for you.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
Thomas DeMarco & Associates, LLC is an experienced Camden County criminal defense law firm located in Mt. Ephraim, New Jersey. We understand how potentially damaging a criminal can be, which is why we pride ourselves in our willingness to fight for our client’s rights. Our firm handles all criminal matters and is ready to provide you with our knowledgeable legal counsel. Do not hesitate to contact our firm to discuss your legal situation.